How can I fix this, can this even be fixed? Want my nose to look normal (Photo)

I had 2 sists behind my skull when i was 2 and had to have surgery. They made an incision on my nose and on top of my head to remove them. I think being 2 years old and them messing around really f'd up my nose bone and made it not grow right, now I'm stuck looking like a tard. Can any doctor help me? I want to know what type of procedure I can get to fix this and an estimate on how much it will cost. Tired of looking fugly lol

Reconstructive Rhinoplasty, Bone grafting, realistic expectations

The anger in your enquiry gives me reason to pause in offering advise. there was a medical reason to remove the cyst which can be life threatening and can lead to developmental delays. Years ago your surgeon provided the best care available. It will be easier to move forward if you can abandon the hostility and proceed with a positive attitude. Grafting can be done to build up the dorm and create a normal profile. if necessary the tip can be repositioned and refined. It will more than likely be necessary to remove cartilage from a rib to obtain enough material. I am sure that your surgeon would like to have the records from your childhood surgery and will probable want to get a CT scan or MRI to evaluate the old surgical sites and confirm that an adequate barrier exist between the brain ad the nasal cavity. proceed with optimism and deliberation not with anger. Best of luck.

Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reconstructive rhinoplasty

Hello and thanks for the question.

Help is available and achieving great results is achievable. You will want to select a plastic surgeon with ample experience in reconstructive rhinoplasties. I will need better photographs to provide you with simulated results. Please call our office for more details.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Craniofacial Surgeon

Dear fixmynose69, You are going to need an augmentation rhinoplasty, and this is a complicated procedure. Likely, it is going to require cartilage from the rib bone to give the additional projection along your profile. This is not a case for anyone but a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, and I would recommend you find one with craniofacial fellowship training. This sort of problem is more in line with the problems they repair. I hope this has been helpful. Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Revision nose

fixmynose69, you would need an augmentation rhinoplasty in an area surrounded by scar tissue (at least from what I can see). You really need an experienced facial specialist to address this. One that has been around the block many times in the past. Look for experience and good photos as well as specialization in "only faces". see the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I fix this, can this even be fixed? Want my nose to look normal

Hello fixmynose69,Based on your description it sounds like you had a dermoid cyst as a child that needed to be surgically removed.  The approach to this frequently is through the nose.  Unfortunately, this can disrupt the growth of the nose.  What you are showing looks like a saddle nose deformity where the middle part of the nose is collapsing down.  This issue can be improved.  The best way to determine what can be done is for an in person evaluation to evaluate your nose and determine what normal structures are present.  The cost depends on whether your insurance would cover any part of this since it was related to a previous medically necessary surgery, or whether they consider it simply cosmetic.  It also depends on how much of your normal cartilage is present in your nose as this may mean cartilage grafts need to be taken from elsewhere.  I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon to go over the above and determine what is the best option for you.I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon