Had horrible aggressive rhino and breat aug/lift.

My breasts were already far apart before, is this normal result? Looks like balls on chest. Low too. Am 44yrs old, newly single...so sad. Scarring poor on one side too. Have broken capillaries on breast and nose...won't even talk about the nose results today...getting fillers to just feel human. Cant afford this chasing my tail. Please give advice. The dr doesn't give good consult, offers no help.

Unhappy Breast Augmentation Result

You will need a consultation to get the best advice.  Although you don't want to chase your tail, there is something that can be done for you.  Based solely on your photos, your implants appear narrow and high projecting, and they have dropped out below the muscle. Repositioning new lower profile shaped implants back up under the muscle will help immensely with a more 'natural' look. Doing that however, will necessitate revising your circumareolar lift into a lolly pop; this will allow for finer scaring, smaller areola, and better overall breast shape.

Breast lift

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after your surgery.  In my opinion you will need a revision to improve your results.  A revision could consist of placing your implants under the muscle and a breast lift, most likely with an anchor type incision pattern.  Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Lift

So sorry you are having problems. You may be a candidate for a breast lift, with possible placement of AlloDerm Tissue Matrix, such as strattice for added support.  Only an in person exam and review of your records can confirm.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Had horrible breast aug/lift

Thank you for your question.  How long ago was your surgery?  Based on your photos, a dramatic improvement can be obtained.  I would recommend placement of your implants under the muscle and a full lift for a more natural and youthful look. Please consult with board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your surgical options in person.  Best of luck. 

Michael Brucker, MD

Rocks in socks

I'm sorry you're experiencing this but if your implants were above the muscle, this is the anticipated long term result.  If under the muscle, you implants have migrated beyond the edge of the muscle and are no longer covered by muscle.  When did you have your augmentation?  Regardless, improvements can be achieved with revisions that would elevate your breast pocket and breast tissue/nipple (mastopexy).  Please see a local board certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated and where options can be provided to you.  Unfortunately, this will likely come with considerable costs.

Curtis Wong, MD

Had horrible aggressive rhino and breat aug/lift. Is this normal result?

It looks like you already had a periareolar lift and large implants that your tissues cannot support and ended up in a capsular contracture. Often patients insist on not having scars and when the novice plastic surgeon obliges, this is the end result. If plan A failed first time, why did you have this repeated and expect different results? You should not "chase your tail", but find a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in revision breast surgery. You will need a vertical lift with your implants and most likely some ADM (acellular dermal matrix) for support. Good luck.

Sorry for your disappointment but recommendations would require a complete examination and discussion of desired final result after reviewing your preoperative photos and records

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Post aug-pexy blues

Sorry to hear about your plight.  Looks like you had a periareolar lift + aug.  Agree the position does appear low on the chest wall and quite round, which suggests that you may have had saline implants in the subglandular position.  If this is inaccurate, would suggest you chat with your PS to devise a "plan B".  Be specific about your objectives (position, scar tolerance, areolar diameter, cleavage, etc.).  You may wish to review the gallery on Realself to find other women whose builds (height & weight) are similar to yours.  Given your pre-op breast shape and size, you may need a more extensive mastopexy to improve positioning, areolar size and appearance.  Don't get discouraged, compile your "wish list" and make an appointment to discuss this with your PS.   

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

What are my options for my breasts?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It looks like you have significant sagging of the breasts (ptosis).  You could be a candidate for breast lift.  What is important is that you develop a relationship with a plastic surgeon that you trust.  I would recommend seeking a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience with this area. After your consultation they should be able to let you know your options. Once you know your options then you can decide if it makes sense to have surgery.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon