Hi I Currently Have 250cc Implants and Am Having Them Replaced with 300cc Ones. They Wouldn't Be Too Much Bigger Would They?

The reason I am going slightly bigger is because I have slight ptosis and the surgeon and myself agreed they might improve the shape without mastopexy and as I am 45 didn't particulary want that. I am just a bit concerned they will be too big. I am 5ft 2". What is your opinion on this please. Thank you J.

Perky youthful attractive breasts

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to exchange your implants, reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable long term, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.  This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions.  After this procedure, the breasts are more attractive, perky and youthful.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

50 cc increase for drooping breasts?

Its not enough in my opinion and without knowing how much ptosis/droop you have, its hard to comment further.  If your current implants are in a great position, an office mastopexy could be the trick to give you what you want without having to accept all of the risks of another implant surgery.  If you're worried about the scars, look at them a year out and you will appreciate that most scars heal quite nicely.  If you are depending on your implants alone to 'lift' you, go with the biggest that your body can handle and the only way to figure that out is with external sizers or 3D imaging.  Good luck!

Curtis Wong, MD

50 cc will not be a noticeable increase in size.  I typically recommend at least 100 cc increase to gain any real noticeable increase in size.   I am not sure that the operation will do much for the size or the ptosis.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Larger implants to improve ptosis?

Your surgeon has examined you and I don't have that advantage. A 50 cc increase usually isn't a major volume shift. I assume that you are doing this to avoid the scars associated with breast lifting.  In my practice I find that simply adding more volume just gives you larger relaxed breasts and rarely improves breast ptosis. Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Hi I Currently Have 250cc Implants....

Without any photo documentation of you it is difficult to give much of an educated advice for you in particular.  With that being said, remember how much a "cc" is.  There are 5 cc's in a teaspoon which in your case would mean 10 teaspoon's.  Honestly, this volume is not enough to notice a significant change. All the best to you.

Implant exchange to address breast ptosis

Since every lady's body and proportions are slightly different from the next, it is hard to accurately determine what the extra volume will do for your breasts and figure.  It is also hard to have you try on sizers at this point since you already have implants in.  This means that the decision will be somewhat subjective on your part and the part of your surgeon.  The one thing that I can tell you is that 50 cc is a relatively small adjustment, as a shot glass is 30 cc, so that gives you a basis for comparison.  The one concern is if you have more than about 5 mm or so of nipple ptosis, you may not get the lifting effect on the nipple that you want.  Your surgeon can certainly try on the sizers in the operating room to make sure that the new size doesn't exceed your desires.  In cases like this it is usually helpful to have images of augmented breasts that you like to give the surgeon a basis for comparison in the operating room too.  If you still have slight ptosis at that point, or if that size wound up being too large but you still wanted to improve the ptosis and keep the original size implants, it would not be very difficult to address that with a minimal lifting technique like a periareolar, or "donut," mastopexy.  Good luck.

Currently Have 250cc Implants and Am Having Them Replaced with 300cc Ones. They Wouldn't Be Too Much Bigger Would They?

Thank you for your question! 50cc isn't to big of a difference.  Its hard to tell without a physical examination!  Find a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Best of luck!Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicago Hoffman EstatesOak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

A 50cc Breast Implant Size Change Is Not Noticeable

A 50cc change in breast implant size, even at a small volume of 250cc, is not going to make a noticeable change. You need at least 75cc to 100cc difference to even be able to see any size increase in your breasts. 

Volume change with implant removal

A 50 cc increase in the size of your breast implants is a modest change.  A 50 cc change is about 1/4 of a cup size.  If you were expecting more then you may want to consider a larger volume change.  

IMPLANT SIZE

Without photos and measurement it is difficult to provide specific recommendations.  Not sure what "slight ptosis" means.  I would recommend submitting photos with your questions.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon