New Saline implants get too hard and full, is this normal?

I got saline implants a week ago. I am finally up and moving and I notice my boobs get real full and hard like they will burst when I move around and work. Is this normal?

Implants and swelling

The breasts will be very swollen for several weeks and will certainly swell more with increased activity.

Thank you for your question. Your pre and post pictures help to comment. It is fairly common to feel tightness after surgery especially in smaller frame people and large implants. Slowly it will improve. Please inform to your PS also so that they will make sure no other issues going on.

Excessively from breasts after breast augmentation should be checked by your surgeon.

I'm not certain what you're describing but if there is significant firmness of the breasts have your surgeon check some.

This is fairly common early after surgery and is related to the pectoral muscles tightening up with movement. Over the next several months, this feeling will lessen and your implants will feel softer.

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  It is common to have an increase in swelling to the operated upon areas of the body as your activity level increases.  This will fluctuate through the course of the day and should create a sensation of "tightness" and not pain or discomfort.  Hope this helps.  

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Keep in mind that no one will replace your own plastic surgeon when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and meaningful reassurance.

Generally speaking, it takes a few months for the breasts to "soften" in most cases.  Most of my patients tell me that their breast implants feel "part of them" somewhere between 3 to 6 months after surgery was performed.  There is definitely a physiologic and "psychological" (body image)  adaptation process that occurs, at differing rates for every patient, for patients who undergo any type of aesthetic surgery, including breast  augmentation surgery.  Understandably, patients often experience significant emotional "ups and downs" around the time of surgery.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Swelling after surgery

Thank you for your question. In the weeks following surgery there can be swelling that may increase with the more activity you do. Over time the swelling will completely resolve and your breasts will soften up significantly. Be sure to talk with your PS regarding activity restrictions in the early postoperative time period. Best of luck, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon