My jaw line isn't prominent and cheeks are asymmetrical. Can you suggest some things that would enhance my looks? (Photo)

Can you suggest some things that would enhance my looks

My jaw line isn't prominent and cheeks are asymmetrical. Can you suggest some things that would enhance my looks?

You have several options and in my opinion you would do best by consulting with a couple of board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss options.  I think submental liposuction, augmentation of your asymmetric cheeks and mandibular angles (filler or fat) and possibly buccal fat pad excisions would provide sculpting of your face that you now lack.  Confirming the suggestions with a face-to-face examination and consultation is essential.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I would recommend pursuing a series of injectable treatments to help improve upon your cheek asymmetry and volume as well as your jawline and chin.  Voluma is a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler that affords natural, long-lasting results and would provide excellent volume to your cheeks and chin.  If your lower chin region demonstrates some mild excess fat, Kybella can be injected to help reduce the amount, improving your neck to jawline contour.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to maximize your results. 

Facial Enhancements

The combination of  chin and jaw angle implants, a left cheek implant and facial defatting procedures would be helpful facial enhancements to consider. Buccal lipectomies, perioral liposuction and submental/neck liposuction is needed to complement skeletal augmentation of your jawline.

Non surgical Enhancement of Jawline and Cheeks

The trend now is to treat these areas non-surgically. Recently, fillers and other products, such as Kybella and skin tightening devices, have finally begun to give surgeons the right tools. In my office, we like to recommend a F.I.T. Lift (stands for Fat, Filler, Injection, Tighten) to improve the midface, lower face and jawline. I believe if you did 2 Kybella treatments, Filler to the midface and Jaw Bone Angles, and 2 skin tightening treatments (like Exilis), you would have a very nice result without having to undergo surgery.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can you suggest some things that would enhance my looks?

Hi, based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess fat around the cheeks and in the neck, chin is weak as are the mandibular angles.  This combines to create an elongated rectangularly, shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.

Chin implant candidate

From the photographs presented, it appears that there is a weak and recessive chin profile present, for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants are placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. In our practice, we have been using Implantech Silastic chin implants for the last 25 years with an excellent success rate. For more information about chin implants, including diagrams of the implants themselves, and many before-and-after results, please see the video and the link below