Had Botox and Restylane 6 days ago. Should I put ice on it?

Top lip badly bruised, left side. Right eye is swollen, looks like fluid, worried, should I put ice on it, or go back to doctor. Waste of money?

Bruising 6 Days After Treatment

Brusing after injections is fairly common. I'd recommend booking an assessment with your qualified injector for an assessment.

Take care.  

Problems after injections

If you are having problems of any type after receiving cosmetic injections, I strongly recommend contacting the physician who performed the injections rather than asking for advice from physicians you do not know. Some problems may require immediate attention so I would not delay in contacting your physician

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bruising and swelling

It is very common to be bruised and swollen 6 days after an injection.  At this point ice will not help unless it just relieves some of your discomfort.  Please call your provider for a 2 week follow up appointment.  Goodluck!

Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBA
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Swelling and bruising are common side effects that can last up to two weeks, especially with fillers. Since it has been six days, ice will not help subside your bruising, although you can take arnica to help with this. In regards to your swollen eye, I suggest following up with the provider who performed your injections to address your concerns. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Bruising and swelling after injections.

Bruising and swelling after injections  it's one of the most common side effects. Time usually addresses all bruises and I'll swelling. Anything that does not resolve over after a couple weeks is usually due to product placement and the amount.  

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Botox recovery

Although it's common to have some swelling and bruising after Botox and fillers, your swollen eye sounds unusual. I would call your doctor to discuss his or her post op protocol. He or she may even want to see you in person. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Botox, Filler and Swelling

It is normal to have some bruising and swelling after fillers, this can happen more with needle injection over cannula.  If still this way after 2 weeks please see your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Re-check

It sounds like you need to give your treating physician a call and let him take a look.  Bruising is very normal and can take up to several weeks to subside in some cases.  The swelling sounds normal as well.  Anytime you choose an elective procedure like Botox and Fillers it is more common than not that we look a little bit worse initially.  After everything settles down you will be more than likely very happy with the result that you see.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Botox and Restylane result

Thank you for asking about your Botox and Restylane.

Please contact the doctor who treated you and arrange to be checked.
Bruising can occur after filler injections - especially around the lip but when in doubt, always be checked.
You can't tell how the final result will look until the bruising and swelling are gone.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Botox/Filler Injections with Bruising and Swelling

Bruising after lip injections is very common; however, it is difficult to assess the bruising and swelling without seeing you or at least seeing photos.  My recommendation is to follow up with your injector for all of your concerns.  Best of luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon