I have a couple of lipomas on my lower back. They don't bother me. Any suggestions ?

I have recently noticed one growing near my vagina on the r side. Is there treatment other than surgery?

Thank you for your question.  If the masses you describe are lipomas they do not need to be removed unless their appearance causes you concern or they are causing pain or discomfort.  If removal is indicated the only true treatment is a small incision over the top of the lipoma and complete removal of the mass.  Lipomas will tend to grow slowly over time so best to monitor them closely.  Hope this helps.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}