Lips appear uneven after Restylane 1ml lip injections. Photos are 5 days after, this is my first time getting injections (Photo)

The surgeon had me look in the mirror after most of the restylane was used and asked if I any more areas needed injectioned. I told her the bottom left was much small than the right and my top lips had different shapes.She used what was left however I do not think it was enough. The next day I emailed photos and was told to wait 7 days for swelling to go down. Do most dr.s fix free of charge or charge an additional fee to correct?

Swelling after Restylane

Hi and thank you for you question!
We usually say to wait 2 weeks for all swelling and healing to resolve. I would wait until that time and then go for a follow up. Hopefully they took before photos, and together you can compare the before and after and decide what the next best step is.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Additional filler needed

Thank you for asking your question. Your doctor did the appropriate thing in asking how you thought your lips appeared. It is not unusual to be swollen for 1-2 weeks. The asymmetry might improve, so judge the results at that point. If additional Redrylane is required, that would be at your expense. The doctor might discount the additional treatment.
Good luck,

Lip asymmetry after filler injections

It can take up to 14 days for all of the swelling to subside. It is not uncommon to have some minor asymmetry between the two sides. I often will tell patients to massage the higher or more full side and this will usually result in improvement within several weeks. The other option is to dissolve some of the product out but that could result in further loss of the augmentation aspect. I would follow your surgeon's instructions.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lips appear uneven

Thanks for your question.  I see the asymmetry, but I encourage you to wait a full 2 weeks to see how your lips settle out.  You may be very pleased with the results.  If you do need more filler, likely there will be a charge since a new package needs to be opened.  

Jacquelyn Dosal, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after lip injections

Hi Danielle, the lips are very muscular and can be very sensitive to injections. This results in more prolonged swelling compared with injections in other areas of the face. Most of the time, my patients see their results within 3-4 days, however, occasionally it can take 10-14 days. If you still are not satisfied you may want to have the product dissolved.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers to lips

Your lips are still quite swollen. You need to give it more time to settle down.  Best of luck with your results.

Restylane

Thanks for your question. They may look uneven due to the swelling. It can up to 2 weeks to see full results.

German Newall, MD

Uneven lips after injection

Lips swell a great deal after injection and the unevenness that you see is probably temporary. wait at least 2 weeks and see what you think. if you are not happy with the appearance you may want to go back and consult again. Just be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  as far charge, that varies with the doctor, but most will charge because it is not really a mistake that was made

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Uneven Lips after Injection

Swelling in the lips can last for up to 2 weeks after lip injections.  I would wait until that time to judge you final results.  

As far as charging you for more filler at your follow up would depend on your conversation with your injector before your lip augmentation.  All patients should know that there is a chance you will need more filler after the initial injection.  

Lips appear uneven after Restylane 1ml lip injections. Photos are 5 days after, this is my first time getting injections

This is the # 1 problem with filler injections - the amount used or requested from the patient. The filler comes in 1 cc syringes or 1/2 cc syringes. Appears you need to purchase another half cc syringe!