My niece's 3rd birthday party is 4 days after my BBL. Will I be able to attend?

My niece's birthday party is 4 days after my bbl, will I be able to attend? (My bbl is Monday, her party is Friday) I'm usually up, standing, watching my nieces so I won't be sitting but will I have energy and be able to be up and about?

Party 4 Days After BBL

I think planning to attend a birthday party 4 days after your Brazilian Butt Lift is a little ambitious.  More likely than not you will not feel well enough to attend.  If you do, by all means go ahead, but I would be surprised if you feel that well.  Best of luck.

BBL

I appreciate your question.
You will still be a little tired and sore but the more active you are during your recovery, the faster you will get back to normal.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Post Op BBL

With Brazilian butt lift we transfer fat from one area of the body to the other. These fat cells are transferred in microinjections throughout multiple planes in the buttock tissue so that they can gain new blood supply and live in their new home, providing increased volume and shape to the buttocks.

Postoperatively, no specific position is indicated and we do not have any sitting restrictions. The pressure caused by sitting is not sufficient to affect viability of the fat cells and so the postsurgical position depends basically on comfort and any other operations that have been performed.

Patients use girdles for 6 weeks and start therapeutic lymphatic drainage and ultrasound massages in the liposuctioned areas, which continue daily for a total of 10 sessions. Patients canreturn to light activities almost immediately after surgery, normal activities 2 weeks after surgery, and vigorous exercise 4 weeks after surgery. We usually experience a slow steady improvement for 3 months or so after surgery.

Party after a BBL

Hi, thanks for your inquiry and say happy bday to your niece! Normally, it is not advisable to be active or surrounded by children that might hurt you unwillingly. But if you take extra care and if your body lets you do it, take it easy. Try no to sit at all and manage to have some power naps. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Birthday parties and butt liftS

Most people are able to engage in low impact normal activities 3 to 4 days after these procedures. 

your body will be under a fair amount of stress and you should plan  on being able to rest. I would not plan on being able to be active all day and helping with childcare. There is a fair amount of variability from patient to patient and how these procedures are perceived afterwards. The aggressiveness of the liposuction also has an impact on how challenging the recovery can be. I recommend you plan on being able to take it easy and rest. Best,Mats Hagstrom M.D. 

Mats Hagstrom, MD

My niece's 3rd birthday party is 4 days after my BBL. Will I be able to attend

Thank you for your question.  If your feeling comfortable and have minimal discomfort then yes.  Avoid sitting Make sure your discuss woth your surgeon and follow his recommendations.  

Will I be able to attend niece's birthday party?

Thanks for your question. You will not be completely healed at the 4 day mark. You will still be a little sore and/or bruised. Please follow your surgeon's post-op instructions.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Every patient responds differently after surgery. You will not feel 100% just 4 days after your surgery, but you will be able to physically attend the party. Make sure you check with your PS about their specific recommendations.