I am 1 week before a mini lift. I just quit smoking. Any suggestions?

I am taking vitamedica cliniical support; drinking lots of water and working out to the point of sweating. Is this enough to flush the nicotine out of my system?

Smoking and facelift surgery

You should postpone your surgery. I know that's not the response you were hoping for, but you are putting yourself at a great risk of wound healing problems, poor scarring, and infection. I typically require 3 full months of zero smoking before a procedure like this one. The blood supply to the edges of the skin is critical for healing, and cigarette smoking drastically hurts that circulation. Please let your surgeon know ASAP. The procedure is sometimes a good motivator to quit smoking. Best wishes

Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Smoking and surgery

you need to let your surgeon know that you stopped smoking only one week ago because most plastic surgeons, myself included, insist on a minimum of 2weeks prior and 2 weeks after, no smoking. You are increasing chances of complications like poor healing, bad scars and even tissue loss. Talk to your surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Smoking and surgery

One week of stopping smoking before a facelift is not enough. A minimum of three to four weeks of stopping smoking before surgery and three to four weeks after surgery is needed. Otherwise the potential for skin loss is very high.