I have a small umbilical hernia. I want abdominal and waist lipo. Can my PS do both at the same time?

Also I just had a mini lift under local. How long do I have to wait to have the lipo?

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- HERNIA REPAIR AT SAME TIME

we can do the hernia and vaser hi def 4d sculpting procedure at the same time.  I suggest you see an expert for treatment evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Umbilical hernia and liposuction

Thank you for your question.  As long as your umbilical hernia is small, it can usually be repaired by your plastic surgeon at the same time of your liposuction.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Plastic surgeons commonly will repair the umbilical hernia at the same time as long as it is a small hernia. A surgeon would need to evaluate you in person to determine.

Hernia and lipo

It is possible that you surgeon might be able to do both. Best to be evaluated in person.  Good luck.

Liposuction combined with umbilical hernia repair.

Thank you for your question concerning abdominal contouring combined with umbilical hernia repair. And yes your Plastic Surgeon can repair a small umbilical hernia at the time of abdominal liposuction. As far as timing, I would recommend you wait about 3 months for your body to recover from the mini lift procedure though it could be done sooner. Just discuss this further with your surgeon. Erica Anderson, MD

Umbilical hernia and abdominal liposuction - same surgery?

Thank you for asking about your umbilical hernia and liposuction.
  • Yes, your plastic surgeon probably can repair your hernia and do liposuction at the same time.
  • The hernia must be repaired first - and the area around the hernia cannot be safely liposuctioned.
  • Ask your surgeon how long you should wait before further surgery - 6 weeks is the minimum, 12 weeks the usual time to wait.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Umbilical hernia repair and liposuction

Thank you four your question.Combining the procedure should be possible.  The safest sequence will be to repair the umbilical hernia then do the liposuction to avoid possibly damaging the contents of the hernia.  If it is small it is likely to be preperitoneal fat.  As far as waiting I don't think there is a specific time other than when you feel well recovered from your mini lift especially since it was done under local.
Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your mini-lift procedure.  It is possible to perform both an umbilical hernia repair followed by liposuction in the same procedure.  I would allow yourself time to completely heal from your lift before pursuing surgery, likely around 3 months.  hope this helps.