I am 4 days post s lift. Is it normal for the skin in front of my ears to be rock hard?

Is it normal for the skin in front of your ears and earlobes to be rock hard? Minimal swelling and bruising just very hard skin around sutures.

Post op hardness totally normal

Yes, what you are experiencing is totally normal. As your face heals, this hardness will dissipate. For now, be patient and kind to yourself. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Post facelift

What you are seeing now is a part of the normal healing process and definitely not your final result. The lumpiness, swelling, numbness, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 6-8 weeks after the surgery then slowly begin to go away. Give your body time to heal and be patient with your recovery. Best wishes.  Dean Vistnes, MD.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area #realself #drdeanvistnes #facelift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Hardness is normal

Actually, hardness is present to one degree or another on almost all facelift procedures, whether S-lift or traditional facelift.  The hardness represents, underneath the skin wound healing.  Below the skin, tissue was advanced and tightened in order to achieve the desired rejuvenated result.  This hardness will improve over time and is temporary.

David Q. Santos, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op S lift

That sounds like a normal course after 4 days.  You can expect to have swelling and firmness.  I would recommend that you continue to follow up with your surgeon. Good luck!

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Firmness

What you are describing sounds especially as bunching and firmness up and beind the ears is normal after a mini lift.   I tell my patient this can last for a matter of weeks or even a couple of months.  Message is helpful.   It is somewhat difficult to comment without seeing in person so I would suggest communicating with your surgeon.
I hope this addresses your concerns

Edwin F. Williams, III, MD
Latham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift - skin around ears is hard after 4 days

Thank you for asking about your face lift.
  • Your firmness is probably swelling around your sutures.
  • However so soon after surgery, you need to ask your surgeon to answer these questions -
  • Only your surgeon knows what was done and what is expected.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I am 4 days post lift. Is it normal for the skin in front of my ears to be rock hard?

At 4 days post op you still have sutures and swelling.  This is not uncommon.  Continue your follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Facelift

Thank you for your question. You are in the very early stages of your healing so it is normal for you to experience the swelling and bruising. I suggest that you keep a log of your healing progress for review with your single or board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

S lift

It most certainly can be. Early swelling in tight areas can feel quite firm and sometimes for quite a long time. be patient and follow your surgeon's instructions form optimal healing/recovery.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Facelift

At four days out you still have sutures and things will feel very firm for a while until the swelling subsides and the incisions have matured.