Tummy tuck! 6 weeks post-op BA. (photos)

Im 6 weeks out of my breast augmentation now I'm moving onto my stomach...I'm down 160lbs I was 317 now 165...and I'm looking to get a cost on how much it would run...I would love to stay in Alabama. I'm from cullman. But will travel for the right Dr! I want a low scar...like the example below....it will run along my crease line....please let me know ur thoughts and about how much the cost to perform a tummy tuck on me

Tummy Tuck After Weight Loss

Thanks for your question and photos, and congratulations on your weight loss.  You are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck to tighten the abdominal wall and remove loose skin, and I see no reason why you couldn't expect to have a lower placed incision just above the pubic area.  Cost of the procedure can vary but I think expecting total cost to be in approximately the $10,000-$12,000 range is reasonable. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and good luck! 

Tummy tuck

Congratulations on your weight loss! You are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening and removal of all excess skin , and low scar, an in person consultation would be best for a better evaluation please consult carefully with a board certified PS

Tummy Tuck

Congrats on the weight loss!!!!  Based on your photos, I see no reason why you cannot have a low scar.  Consult with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Congratulations

Congratulations on your incredible weight loss.  You've now reached the stage where the excess skin is a nuisance.  You should seek out a board certified plastic surgeon near your area for your tummy tuck.  A tummy tuck in someone with a large amount of weight loss can increase your risk for blood clots so limiting factors such as long car rides or a flight is usually beneficial.  Unless you are willing to spend 3-4 weeks near your surgeon it would not be advisable to travel a long distance.  Scar positioning can be discussed at an in person examination.  Average cost of a TT can be found on this website but agree it cost from ~8-12 thousand dollars. Congratulations again.  Best of luck.  

J. Brad Turner, MD
Lexington Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Tummy tucks typically cost between $7,000 - $12,000. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck surgery concerns...

Thank you for the question and pictures. Great job with the weight loss!

Based on your history, photographs, and stated goals, you seem to be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery.   Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

Congrats on your weight loss. You should be able to obtain a similar or better result with a tummy tuck. Cosmetic fees are often very similar in each geographic area. I recommend consulting a board certified plastic surgeon in your area first. Remember complications can occur and you want access to your doctors. Best of luck

Helena Guarda, MD
Suffolk Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck cost

Thank you for the question and photos.  You are a great candidate for a tummy tuck and the wish pic you have posted is very attainable if not better.  The cost of  tummy tuck will vary from surgeon to surgeon.  I would select to have consultations with plastic surgeons whose before and after photos you like.  You can then compare quotes and get an idea of who you prefer to go to.  I would expect a good tummy tuck plastic surgeon to charge 10-15 K for a tummy tuck (all inclusive).

Good luck with your tummy tuck journey.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck expectations

Thanks for your post, and congratulations on your weight loss. Yes, I think you would be a great candidate for tummy tuck surgery. The scar in the photo you show is fairly typical (the sides may be even a bit high and would show in a bikini bottom). It would really help your overall figure! Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon