I have lost 160lbs....was a D cup now B cup....want DDs now. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have lost 160 pounds and kept it off for 3 yes.. I was a size D cup now I am a B cup. It's like my breasts are empty after losing the weight and having twins I'm wanting to go back to a double d do you think I will be happy with a 700cc implant will that fill the pocket enough? I don't think they are bad enough for a lift...I'm hoping 700 cc saline implants will do the job...

Breast implants following weight loss

If you would like to lift your breasts as well as fill them out, I would suggest opting for a breast lift at the same time as your augmentation. As for deciding on the size, this should be discussed with your surgeon during your consultation as it is difficult to advise on size without an in-person consultation.

Augmentation/Massive weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss.  I have found that a lot of women after massive weight loss are happy with their weight loss but miss the fullness, especially in the upper pole of the breast.  A breast consult in person is a must, as there are important measurements to take to determine the size of the implant that will "fit" in your breast pocket.  Those measurements will also help determine if a breast lift is necessary.  After a consult, you should also be able to try sizers on to get a better idea of how you would look after surgery.

Empty breasts after 160 lb weight loss and birth of twins?

Hi brandi

Congratulations on the twins and the weight loss- both great accomplishments.

I don't like the expression "bad enough" to describe your breasts.  I rather think about it in aesthetic terms.

To my eye, it looks like the nipples have descended well below the inframammary fold (where the underwire of the bra sits).  Based on photos alone, I suspect that you will need a lift.  Taking into account the extra weight you were carrying, and my experience caring for massive weight loss patients, I would suggest that the tissues have been stretched AND weakened due to the gravity, weight, and time.  Therefore, I would also suggest that under the muscle is the best option. 

You need to get a full exam and discuss issues with a board certified plastic surgeon who will listen, and understand the needs of a weight loss patient.

Congratulations again.

sek

Need for lift

Well done for losing weight

You are very droopy and there is no question about needing a lift. Avoid going too big as your skin is terribly damaged and will not support large implants - you need small implant and a lift for best result 200-300 cc max plus a good mastopexy and be prepared to need to revise loose skin later as when the skin is so damaged it can give way more later 

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation/lift after weight loss

Thank you for your question and the photographs.  Though it is very tempting to try to avoid the lift by using a large saline implant.  I would likely not recommend this.  Your tissues have already become very thin from your weight loss which predisposes you to bottoming out and rippling.  Saline implants, especially large ones, also increase your risk of creating these contour issues.  Though you may initially think that avoiding the scars associated with the lift is the correct path, it will likely only take a few months to a year before you start noticing the obvious changes.  I would recommend a breast lift potentially in combination with augmentation depending upon the size of the implant. I would also likely suggest the use of a silicone implant or at least an Ideal saline implant.  In addition, the use of 3D imaging would be very helpful and all of my patients have the opportunity to see there after images before surgery.  Finally, discuss your issues with one or more board-certified plastic surgeons to fully appreciate the options that will give you the best long term results.  I hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Paul B. Mills, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Implant or lift after weight loss?

Thank you for your question and photos, and congratulations on your weight loss.  From what I can see on your photos, you have lost volume in the upper breast, you have excess loose skin, and your breast sit somewhat low on your chest.  I do think a large implant alone would be safe with your anatomic presentation.  In order to best position and shape your breast over an implant, you really would do best with a lift at the same time.  A very large 700cc implant will be very difficult if not impossible to use at the same time due to excess tension and stretch on the incision.  You would be at very high risk for wound breakdown and loss of the implant.  Additionally, an implant that heavy (1.5 pounds) would very likely accelerate sagging due to your skin quality (very loose after weight loss).  In my practice, I would very likely recommend an implant somewhere in the 350-400cc range that has a base width adequate enough to give you the fullness int he upper pole, combined with a breast lift.  In 3-6 months, assuming everything has healed well and swelling has resolved, you could consider going larger with the implant, but I would caution you that you would be at high risk for bottoming out unless you considered the addition of an internal sling material such as Seri or Strattice to help support your implant.   Best to get an in-person exam with a board certified plastic surgeon for optimal recommendations.  

Good luck,

MHS

Breast Augmentation and Lift

Thanks for your question and pictures. Congratulations on your weight loss! Based on your  pictures, I think that a breast lift to remove loose skin and reposition your areola and nipple and a breast augmentation would give you fullness and perkiness. When having a consultation, let your plastic surgeon know what you want as a final result.

Augmentation / Lift

Good Morning

We recommend you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. After he/she evaluates you, he/she can tell you which procedures you may need, It could be a lift and augmentation since you have extra skin for your weight loss.  Also the size will depend on your body structure. 

Argeny Mercedes Guzman, MD

Breast augmentation/lift

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have an examination of your breasts done. At that point, the surgeon can recommend whether you need a breast lift, breast augmentation or both. From the photos you have posted, it looks as though you would need a breast lift as well as a breast augmentation to correct the sagging/loose skin and add projection and volume. At my office, we use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view what your breasts would look like after a lift, or view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix  is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose.  
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon