Breast augmentation with lift: Bottoming out with allograft?

I'm starting to bottom out post mastopexy with implants and allograft. It's only been two months. I thought allograft was supposed to prevent this. My 425 cc silicone implants were reused. My scar is not underneath my breast - it is now on the bottom of my breasts.

Possible Bottoming out at 2 Months Post-Op

#Breastlift and #implants, any breast operation, can result in changes in sensation of the nipples and around other areas where the procedure took place. Larger implants and more aggressive lift methods may have more of a problem.

Healing after #breastimplant surgery will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

Bottoming out after breast lift with implants and allogrant

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implants.

• After implants, your scar usually will end up on the breast, not in the crease.
  • if this is the only concern, chances are all is well.
  • But please return to your surgeon to be checked - only s/he can examine you!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD