Swelling from chin and neck lipo post 4.5 weeks (Photo)

Hi I had chin and jaw line LIPO almost 5 weeks ago. It still is lumpy somewhat painful to touch but I massage it multiple times a day. I am really hoping this is not my final result. I know I have a weak chin but did not want a chin implant and my dr agreed.

Needs more time

More time will be needed for this area to recover.
There appears to be residual skin laxity, muscle banding (platysma), and possibly some residual fat that will need attention.

Hey Mary594.  Thank you for your questions and photos.  It is always nice to have the before photos.  Liposuction takes about 3-4 months to see your final result.  I do see a difference already.  However, there may be some additional swelling that is still present.  If you do not like your end result post liposuction, I would recommend skin excision (Cervicoplasty) and placement of a chin implant.  This will give you a great sub mental angle and better profile.  Always follow up with your PS regarding your results.  

Shelby Brantley, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Neck Liposuction

Thank you for your pictures.  You are only a month out from surgery.  You still about 2 months worth of healing to complete.  Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.  On a side note, an additional genioplasty or chin implant would have improved your contour.