Random wound on areola 4 months post-op Lift with Implants, should I be worried? (photos)

Today I noticed a small wound on my areola. As far as I know it wasn't irritated or scratched, it just appeared. What is it and should I be worried? What can I do to help it heal quickly?

Small wound

Thanks for your inquiry, it looks like you had a small absorb-able suture spit or come out.  If all the suture material is out, the wound will quickly heal.  Please give your surgeon' office a call.    

Breast wound

Agree with Dr Rumalla.  We often use absorbable suture in these operations and they can occasionally pop to the surface several weeks after surgery.  Fortunately this is generally not a significant problem.  Check with your surgeon and in the meantime keep the area clean.

Scott Thellman, MD
Lawrence Plastic Surgeon