What is the best way to prevent keloiding?

I am going to get a breast augmentation. I'm worried about my incisions keloiding. I already have a keloid and keloid removal surgery was unsuccessful for me. So I am just looking for any advice or recommendations.

Needs followup

Your first choice is to where you would prefer the keloid if it occurs, areola, mammary crease, or armpit.

After surgery, careful taping, then silicone strips, and then possibly laser/cortisone treatments will be needed.

Keloid scars

Keloids can form for various reasons and some poor scars or thick scars are erroneously named keloids - it does not mean you have any higher chance of developing one. Your plastic surgeon ca advise you how best to look after the incision  post surgery to minimise this  - my policy is to tape strictly for 6 weeks then use a topical vitamin E or Bio-oil

If at 6 weeks on review by your surgeon there are any signs of a thickening scar or itching then your surgeon may want to start you on topical silicon on the scar as a strip or rub on topical plus or minus a steroid injection to soften the scar then further close supervision