I had a botched eyelid surgery. Can you recommend a great doctor in Connecticut for a revision surgery? (Photo)

I had an upper and lower eyelid surgery almost 3 months ago. I hate the results very much, the doctor did a horrible job! I have a very long scars beyond the crease of my upper lids, also uneven scars in both my eyes. My lower scar is way below my lashes and very obvious. I am very depressed, I feel like I am deformed. I live in Connecticut and need a great doctor to perform a miracle on my eyes. Please help!

Eyelid surgery

It is typical for the incisions to extend beyond the corner of the eye n both upper and lower lids.  Your lower lid scar could benefit from a revision.  I agree the scar is a little low down, but that can be corrected pretty simply.

Healing post blepharoplasty

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction, but the scars will look much better at 1 year from the surgery date. You should do nothing at this point other than wear sunglasses to protect against hyoerpigmentation from the sun. Good luck.

Scars after blepharoplasty

One of the hardest things to do after cosmetic surgery is to be patient and do nothing.  Believe it or not, your incisions will continue to fade with time.  For now, wear sunglasses to avoid hyperpigmentation and you may cover it up with makeup.  Make sure your surgeon is aware of your concerns or seek a second opinion only if you are still dissatisfied after another 3-6 months.

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

You should allow yourself more time to heal, 3 months is still early in the post op peroid.You scars will usually continue to improve and become less visible. You should follow up with your surgeon to get a recommendation to help the scars heal. Silicone gel sheets and lasers may facilitate the healing.

Post-Blepharoplasty Scars

As others have stated, 3 months is still early in the healing process with regard to scarring. I would wait at least another 6 -9 months and re-visit your surgeon. Laser treatment of the scars can help, but at this point it is too early.

David S. Felder, MD
Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery recovery

Thank you for the question and your photos. At 3 months post-op, it is still very early in the overall healing process. Your scars will likely improve, particularly if you use a silicone-gel based scar cream. In addition, laser treatments can help to improve the scars by the sides of the eyes. Please stay in touch with your surgeon, but also get a second opinion about management of the scars. Take care.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon