Are these my final tummy tuck results? Full TT with liposuction and muscle plication (Photo)

I'm 3 months post op tummy tuck when I wake up my stomach is flat. Upon standing my stomach immediately gets bigger. I have bad spasms when trying to stand from sitting or lying position. My stomach is hard and bloated throughout the duration of the day especially when I eat. It swells to the point of discomfort. could this be a hematoma,or fluid ? I do suffer from IBS-C could this be the culprit? should I give it more time? I haven't gained weight, I've actually lost 10 pounds after surgery.

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point (3 months post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Bloating after abdominoplasty

Given your history of IBS, this would be the likely culprit. See your gastroenterologist for a work up.  To the extent that you begin the day with a flat stomach, this points to IBS.  Hematoma would not produce the circumstances you describe. Best of luck.

Final Results?

After a #tummytuck surgery, #swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year.

If you have serious concerns, please contact the #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon.

Tummy tuck results

Thank you for the question and photos.  Its hard to know why your abdomen was flat to begin with and now it is "bloated" during the day.  With your abdomen being flat in the morning I suspect that you do not have a seroma or hematoma as this would not change with the time of the day or eating.  It may be that your IBS or something associated with your GI tract can be involved.  I would discuss this with your GI doctor to see if that is a source of the problem as it appears from your description at least that it may be in part or fully associated with your digestive system.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Bloating after tummy tuck

As you pointed out it could be two things - one is seroma (fluid collection). You should get evaluated by your plastic surgeon who can rule this out by physical exam or potentially get an ultrasound to be sure.
The other and more likely possibility is bloating of abdomen from GI issues. A trip tot he gastroenterologist is what maybe required.
Your 3 day post op picture looks amazing and hopefully once the bloating is controlled, you will get that back. Good luck !

Shwetambara Parakh, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You should expect to have swelling for three to six months following tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.