Would this cost $5000 to repair? (surgical fee)

I got a quote from a surgeon's office saying this would be $5000 to repair (not including anesthia or operating room), is that overpriced or a fair price for my surgery. I don't feel as though my reconstruction would cost that much. I just need the top piece that's sticking out to be removed. This cost is more then what I orginally spent on the initial surgery from another surgeon.

Would this cost $5000 to repair?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your original labiaplasty results have not been what you anticipated.  It appears that you have a small amount of redundant tissue present to the tissues running from your clitoris to your labia minora, termed the frenulum.  This can be corrected and improved but I'd recommend seeing a surgeon with extensive knowledge of the anatomy to leave you with a result closer to your expectations.  Costs will vary across the country and for CT you may want to see a series of physicians to see if the quoted price is reasonable.

Labiaplasty: Cost

Thank you for your question.  Sorry about your results.  The cost is dependent upon several factors, including experience of the cosmetic surgeon, amount of surgery required and region of country.  I would recommend in finding an experienced genital surgeon.  States like Ohio, which is our location, tend be a less expensive region of the country to obtain cosmetic surgery.   

Best of luck.     

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Would this cost $5000 to repair?

Costs for procedures can vary based on location and specific surgeon pricing. In order to determine if you are being quoted a fair price for your location and surgical needs, you may want to consider a second opinion.  Keep in mind that it is important to find a reputable physician and one that fully understands the anatomy and specializes in this specific type of procedure.

Would this cost $5000 to repair?

I personally would not charge you $5000 + OR/anesthesia costs, but that does not mean that where you are located that isn't an average price. The cost for procedures varies form city to city and from PS to PS. Remember you don't want to compromise your results by trying to find the cheapest deal in town.

Probably too high

This is something that I could do under topical numbing cream and local anesthetic in the office in about 30 minutes for perhaps 1/3 the price. But, there are very few experts and therefore they can charge whatever they feel like. If they are the same doctor that did the surgery, they should revise it for zero cost IMHO.

Cost of labiaplasty revision

Thank you for your question.  My recommendation would be to see your original surgeon and inquire about cost of revision.  In our practice, we offer ISAPS insurance through the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS) and revision surgery for our patients is at no charge.  Best wishes in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS

Board Certified ENT

Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

When you're looking to get a revision of work done elsewhere, expect to pay an arm and a leg

Revisionary surgery is less predictable than primary surgery, takes longer, is more complex and has a higher failure/dissatisfaction rate. All of this contributes to the higher price of these procedures. However, when you have the work done by the original surgeon, it is usually done for a low fee or no fee because a bad looking result is certainly not in his/her or your best interest. The problem sometimes is that the original surgeon might not have the skill, education or experience to produce anything better than the original result. Go for a few second opinions, revisit the original surgeon and see what they have to say, but if you get the sense that they are out of their element do not let them botch you again.

Surgery is worth what your surgeon is worth

Dear CTgirl8
Thank you for sharing.  I want to be very straight forward about your question.  Most people will not fix the area so close to your clitoris.  It appears you need a frenulectomy.   Your first surgeon should have taken care of this with the original surgery.  If all that you need is a frenulectomy I will not tell you his / her fee is high as  you may not be in the current predicament if you would have found a surgeon who would have performed the surgery correctly in the first place.   Remember also prices are dependent upon location and convenience too.  You can certainly check around for other prices.  Most surgeons won't even touch you because of the proximity to the clitoris or they don't have the skills to do the surgery.  For the surgery you are requesting, I have seen prices from $3K to $8K.
John R Miklos MD
Urogyneocologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai