BBL weight lost.

I am 5'2 weighing 238. I was told my weight needs to be 184 in order for surgery. I want to schedule date for around February scared the weight will not drop by then. Been working out and healthy eating lost 8 pounds the last 3 weeks. Any suggestions

BBL weight?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

BBL

I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. I also recommend that they remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results and to minimize your risk of running into any complications during surgery or post-operatively. Therefore, I wouldn’t advise scheduling your surgery before you have reached your goal weight. I would continue to lose the weight until you are in a healthy BMI range. It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL weight loss - options?

Hello DenBaby - Thanks for your question. Your ideal body weight is probably around 120lbs. When patients who are more than 30% above ideal body weight (156lbs. in your case), they have a greater chance of complications under general anesthesia. A BBL surgery is elective surgery and really should be performed under the best conditions possible. For your own safety, it would make sense for you to get closer to that weight limit so that you have the best chance for safe and successful surgery. Alterations in diet and exercise along with making sure your thyroid gland is functioning well, will help you attain that safe weight limit in time. Unfortunately you may have to postpone your date of surgery to get the best results. 

It is important to understand that as you lose weight, you may have loose skin that needs to be treated. This might mean having a tummy tuck, butt lift, or body lifting. Make sure you work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has your best interests at heart. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah 

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Keep up the excellent work!

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon