4 months post labiaplasty surgery. Upper right lip sticks out. Do I need another surgery or can it just be smoothed out?

high frequency technique. I can't wear tight clothes, sometimes uncomfortable in certain positions while sleeping, uncomfortable while walking.

Revision labiaplasty

Sometimes in surgery we say "The enemy of good is better," which means taking a good result and trying to make it better can lead to problems. I would say you have a very good result. Whether or not you make it better is entirely up to you of course. Talk to your surgeon and see what he may be willing to do from a financial perspective.

Labiaplasty Repeated

The short answer is that your labia are within normal anatomy limits and it is completely up to you if you wish further reduction. Labia minora and majora are not completely symmetric (or are breasts or other parts of our body). That being said, At this point it is necessary for complete healing which means your labia are soft and supple for the best revision. 

I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss revision.

All the best

Revision of labiaplasty surgery

Revision of #labiaplastysurgery
Revison surgery for labiaplasty may be requested to remove more tissue: make the labia more even.
Revisions are generally possible but, as with other surgeries, revision becomes more difficult than the initial first operation These should be performed by a surgeon experience with Cosmetic Female Genital Surgery. You should wait at least 6 months for the initial surgery to resolve. Tissues need to heal and soften before they are re-operated upon.

Labiaplasty revi

I reviewed your photos. You had a trimming labiaplasty, which often leaves asymmetry.  No attempt to revise your labia should be done until you are at least five months after your past procedure as your appearance will improve, and the swelling will be less. You need to control your anxiety and wait. The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago. I would revise you by doing a wedge excision of the protruding right upper labium. This will make you more symmetrical and also eliminate many of the scalloped scars. You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Extra lip tissue

You're right, you do have excess lip tissue sticking out and it appears that you are symptomatic from it. I would suggest you discuss this with your surgeon. I would do a repair of it in such a situation.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Yes, you need another surgery to achieve symmetry

An in-office revision Labiaplasty would achieve your goals. The recovery would be much easier than your original surgery.
I'm not sure what "high frequency technique" is. I also don't know why you're uncomfortable at 4 months postop. Maybe it's related to the high frequency technique!?
Ask your surgeon to revise it and wait till all inflammation is gone. Typically, waiting till your 4-6 months post-op is plenty of time.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Lip Protruding After Labiaplasty

Dear Lana, Thank you for posting photographs with your question. You appear to have a nice result, but you have some excess right upper labia tissue 4 months after surgery. It is possible to have a small revision to smooth out that area, under local anesthesia, in the office. This will be a much smaller procedure and recovery. I recommend that you return to your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss removing the excess right labia tissue and your desire for an even better result. I am sure that your surgeon will listen to you and help you. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

This small remaining excess can likely be simply corrected in the office under local anesthesia. Bring it up with your surgeon and they can help advise you on your options.                                      

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Labiaplasty Revision

That area can definitely be touched up to reduce it just a little bit.  That may be something that can be done under local anesthesia in your doctor's office.  Good luck!