I am mother of 2, 29 years old, 138 pounds, 5'7". I measured width at 11.5 on one side and 12 on the other.

I am mother of 2 29 years old 138 pounds 5'7 I measured width at 11.5 on one side and 12 on the other side. Which would be best 475cc or 450cc? One of my breasts is larger than the other and of course I have sagging after children . I am debating between high profile 425cc in one breast and 450cc in the other or 450cc in one breast and 475cc in the other. My doctor says that I can pull off both. Also I know that u loose some cc once the implant is in under the muscle. But how much do you loose?

Implant sizing

The final size of your implant depends on many factors. Your chest width is very important but you have to consider your skin, height and weight also. Having measurements done by your surgeon and figuring our the range of implants that fit your body is a great starting point. Then trying them on to visualize how you look in front of a mirror is also helpful. Your surgeon can adjust the volume appropriately if you are putting the implant behind the muscle. I would recommend discussing all these points with your surgeon.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

I am mother of 2, 29 years old, 138 pounds, 5'7". I measured width at 11.5 on one side and 12 on the other

The difference of 25 cc between implants is hard to see so there is not much difference. Without an in person evaluation, it is hard to give specific comments. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question.  There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

In my opinion, it is not possible to accurately determine how many CCs the you would “lose” when undergoing sub muscular breast augmentation surgery. I would suggest that you do not make your decisions based on statement such as: “you will lose 25 or 50 cc of volume when breast implants are placed under the muscle”. These statements are simply not reliable enough to utilize clinically. 

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon (and your ongoing concerns), I would suggest that you schedule additional time to spend with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes. 

What would make you happier?

Both option sound like a good choice.  Would you be more disappointed if you were too small or too large?  I find you typically lose 40 to 50 cc after the implants are placed under the muscle.The best way to determine the size for your personal perception of the perfect breast is to try on sizers.   This way you can see how they fit on you, how they add to your current volume, and whether they fit your frame.  Although the surgeon can guide you, only you will be able to tell what is the right size.  Try on sizers.