What corrections would I need to my nose?

I am very unhappy with my nose. I feel it is so assymetrical and bulbous and desperately want a nose job. My nostrils are also very large and there is barely any space between my nose and my lips when I smile. As you can see, it has also made my entire face assymetrical. I feel manly and ugly with a nose like this. My nose used to be normal and in proportion but after I hit puberty it has changed. I never smile anymore due to my horrible nose. Please advise what would be best for my nose.

What changes are required in a rhinoplasty?

Hi there.  You are very self critical, and unnecessarily so.  The features you point out are there, but your face is still very normal.

Rhinoplasty is an operation with many steps, and these will incorporate many desirable changes, as long as you understand what these changes are.  Imaging will help. Mostly these are relationship issues, and the upper lip van be helped by reducing tension on the tip and reducing the length of the columella.

Your nose is very suitable for rhinoplasty, so make the step to see someone who has a keen interest in rhinoplasty.

Geelong Plastic Surgeon

BULBOUS AND ASSYMETRICAL NOSE

You do have a prominent overprojecting and long nose which when you smile tends to crowd your upper lip.

The tip appears bulbous

The likely procedure would entail an open rhinoplasy which is an outpatient surgical proceedure

You need to have a session of digital imaging with an experienced surgeon who can accurately predict the outcome of the proposed surgery.

Rhinoplasty

Thanks for getting in touch.
I think your nose looks fine but yes a rhinoplasty will give you the refinement that you desire.

A rhinoplasty can:
-make the nose smaller
-make the tip better shaped
-lift the tip
-release the muscle (depressor septi) that is pulling your nose down when you smile.

All of the above will hopefully achieve  your goals.

I hope this helps and good luck.

#rhinoplasty

Hi. 
I don't think your nose is as bad as what you say as you have attractive features.  There are certainly some things that could be improved if you so desired but the ultimate operation that you have will be determined by determining the exact features that you don't like.  The main problem is the tip which can be improved with a tip rhinoplasty.  To correct all of the anatomically asymmetrical deformities and make the best nose possible you would require a total rhinoplasty and septoplasty. This would involve making the whole nose smaller, straightening the septum, refining the tip and changing the shape. 
Regards

Damien

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photographs, it is possible to perform a tip narrowing and refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts can also be performed to improve the tip refinement.  You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD