I've had Saline breast implants for 15 years with no issues but over the past few years my left nipple has moved. Why is my nipp

My breast still look symmetrical minus my nipple on the left breast it is higher and pointing out more than straight on. 

Moving nipples

it is difficult to comment without photos to review. That being said it sounds like the muscle on one of your sides was separated differently than the other. 

I appreciate your question.

From your description, it sounds like you might either have capsular contracture around the left implant or the implant has move down.  I would recommend you follow up with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Nipple position change

Since this is a new occurrence, it is probably a sign that your implant has changed position. Possibly due to capsular contracture. Regardless, it is something that will need to be assessed in person. Schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below). Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Left nipple position changes 15 years after saline implants

• Your description suggests that you either have a capsular contracture around the left implant or the implant has move down.
  • You might return to your plastic surgeon for an exam and discussion of what could be done or at least, for reassurance.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
    Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Breast change

Thank you for the question. It would be difficult to advise you without photos or an in-person exam. There may have been a change in your implant position which is causing your nipple to appear different. I recommend that you book an appointment with your Plastic Surgeon to investigate. All the best

Saline implants

After several years, it is not uncommon to have implant and breast changes.  There may be changes in the pockets and/or capsule formation.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Implant has more likely moved

Thank you for your question. It would be easier to answer your question with a photo, however, it is more likely that your implant has moved rather than your nipple. If the implant drops, it rotates the nipple up and can cause the asymmetry that you have described. If the implant moves toward the center of your chest, the nipple will rotate outwards.  If you have not seen your plastic surgeon in a while, this may be a good time to do that. Good luck.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Nipple movement

Without a photograph it's difficult to say exactly what's happening. Typically, if the implant is moved downward, which we call bottoming out, then the nipple will appear too high on the breast mound as if it's pointing upward. On the opposite side, if the breast implant were to get hard called capsular contracture, then typically the implant moves upward and outward towards the underarm. In this situation, the nipple would appear to be too low on the breast mound. I would recommend that you see PS in your region to discuss. good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question.  Though nothing replaces an in-person assessment or series of photographs, asymmetries that are present before your augmentation can become magnified after placement, that with time and gravity continue to show differences.  One would also want to rule out any implant related issues, such as capsular contracture. See your surgeon for an evaluation, diagnosis, and any available treatment options.  

15 years with saline implants

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to say exactly what is going on without photo's , but It sounds like you may have capsular contracture which would pull that breast up and cause asymmetry.  Contact a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consult and go from there.

Chad Robbins, MD