Just finished 11th tattoo laser removal session. Concerned with how it looks after 2 and half weeks healing time. (photos)

I've never had scabs last this long and now I have this white pigmentation with the black tattoo line underneath it which that has never happened before. What is going on????

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

Scabbing and hypopigmentation after laser treatment is possible. Tattoo's are treated best with q switched or pico lasers. I suggest following up with your dermatologist for further assessment. Best, Dr. Emer

Sometime aggressive tattoo laser treatments will leave scabs, scars and abnormal pigmentation.

It is not alway bad to have a scab after an aggressive laser tattoo removal treatment.  More of the tattoo may come off with the treatment, but you may also have a greater risk of scarring or hypopigmentation from the treatment.  There is always a tradeoff. Using the right laser for the tattoo color and depth is critical to removing a tattoo with the greatest safety and efficacy. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Scabs after laser tattoo removal

Having scabs after tattoo removal is not normal. You need to discuss with your doctor. I can't advise any further without seeing you. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Tattoo removal problem

It is difficult to say based on the information given.   So much depends on the type of laser used, color of the inks in your tattoo, your sun exposure, etc.  Please contact your Doctor for further treatment.  

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon