Is 170 lbs too heavy for CoolSculpting?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Weight and Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a fabulous way to reduce a bulge without surgery in just one hour.  The only way to properly assess a patient is in person to see if you are a good candidate.  I always recommend that my patients be within 20 pounds of their ideal weight to get the most benefit from coolsuclpting.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has expertise in coolsculping for a consultation.

Weight and Coolsculpting

We were the first Plastic Surgery practice in the Greater Houston area to bring on Coolsculpting.  Since then we have really pushed the limit of what Coolsculpting can do versus liposuction/tummy tuck or other surgical body contouring procedures.  There are definitely trade-offs between the different treatment modalities.  I would recommend that you visit with a practice that does a fair amount of Coolsculpting in addition to other body contouring procedures to help evaluate the best options for you.

CoolSculpting Consultation

We ask all of our patients to be within 10-15% of their ideal weight. It really depends on what your goals are. During a consultation you can learn what the technology can do and the CoolSculpting specialist can give you an estimate of areas needed to meet your goals.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

A consultation is the best way to determine if you are a candidate.

Depending on what it is that you are looking to achieve you may very well be an excellent candidate for CoolSculpting. My recommendation would be that you find a practice that does a significant volume of CoolSculpting business and has sent their providers to CoolSculpting University so that you can undergo a three-hundred-sixty degree evaluation and select a protocol for treatment to transformation.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

CoolSculpting and Weight

It would be unwise to make a treatment decision based solely on weight.  There are several factors that are considered when determining if a person is a good candidate for CoolSculpting, including gender, treatment area, previous aesthetic and cosmetic treatments, and overall health status.  It is advised that you schedule a consultation with a trained CoolSculpting provider to be assessed for the best treatment plan.

Mary Beth Luca, DO, FAOCD
Dublin Dermatologist

Coolsculpting candidate

It is impossible to say without an in person consultation to determine if you are a good candidate or not. Please seek a consultation. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting for heavier people

Hi, a lot of people ask if Coolsuclpting works on heavier people, and without a consultation we have to say "it depends," but that's not really the whole truth. The truth is Coolsculpting is effective for the reduction of subcutaneous fat pretty much across the board. What it will not treat is visceral fat (i.e. hard beer guts can't be treated with Coolsculpting). So if you have pinchable fat, Coolsculpting can treat it, but Coolsculpting is not going to make a "heavy" person a skinny person, and it will take a large treatment package to show significant results on heavier persons. If you have a lot of excess belly fat and only have two treatments, you will likely be disappointed. 

We have employed Coolsculpting for over four years and have excellent results. We've also found that patients need to understand what the treatment can and cannot do. I would suggest you consult with an experienced specialist in your area to see if Coolsculpting is right for you. It's not a substitute for diet and exercise, and it's not appropriate for everyone, but it does work. 

You might want to visit the link below to see the differences and expected results from various body contouring procedures. 

Best of luck

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Weight limits for Cool Sculpting

Dear leonsg:

By itself, 170 pounds does not describe the skin laxity or fat bulges you may have. CoolSculpting (CS) requires a proper fit of the applicator in order to optimally rid the subcutaneous fat. If you have a lot of skin with little fat or tightness of skin and fat where the applicator cannot draw the tissue bulge into it, CS will not help you. 

CS is useful in overweight and obese patients when they are properly selected, motivated and realistic about their anticipated results.

CS is tried and true but very limited in the amount of fat reduction per session. When used serially, a Treatment to Transformation improvement can yield liposuction-like results.

CS will lose fat in those areas applied and in many cases has encouraged and motivated my patients to make the lifestyle changes to further lose weight with diet and exercise.

In overweight and obese patients, CS to the arms or waist muffin-tops has brought smiles to reduce just enough fat so they could wear clothing that was previously tight or uncomfortable.

I hope this has been helpful. Please consult with a Certified Cool Sculpting Specialist or it this is not the right fit for your needs, seek evaluation from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting and the ideal weight

I have Coolsculpted men that were above that weight but in good shape.  It depends if you have stubborn areas of fat that you would like to treat.