Significant thinning after 6 years after transplants.

To begin with I had almost totally balding prior to my first transplant 6 tears ago with a second a year later. The results were amazing but have thinned in the past 3 years SIGNIFICANTLY. An auto immune test was mentioned below. Hair loss is increasing. Could you be specific in what tests should be performed?

Thinning after transplant

In summary you have had 2 hair transplants (6 and 5 yrs ago), and have noticed thinning in the transplanted areas.  If you have some suspicion that you have a condition other than male pattern balding you should return to your hair transplant specialist for re-evaluation with blood work and perhaps a scalp biopsy.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are losing hair or have thinned over the last 6 years, it would be best to see your doctor for an examination.

If you are losing hair or have thinned over the last 6 years, it would be best to see your doctor for an examination.  There may be many causes.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss

Depending on your age, the transplant may thin but should not be lost. You should follow up with your hair restoration surgeon who performed your procedure. If you are concerned with an autoimmune disease, you will need to have a scalp biopsy of the affected areas.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Autoimmune disease?

If you believe you might have an autoimmune disease, the only way to determine this is with a biopsy of the scalp in the areas that are impacted

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon