Crooked Nose. Looks Like S Shape

My son is 16 and he is going to have rhinoplasty to fix his crooked nose. His nose has the shape of S. He was going to have his surgery with my doctor, but since I am unhappy with my result I would like to know if anyone could suggest a good doctor in the bay area.

Doctor Answers 8

S Shaped crooked nose requires an expert for repair

Thank you for your question. You are right to be concerned about correction of the crooked nose of your son.

You need to find an expert at rhinoplasty. The place to start is the American Board of Plastic Surgery to find a board certified surgeon. Next consult the website of the ASAPSto find surgeons with demonstrated expertise in aesthetic surgery

.Finally ask the Dr. to see photographs of similar cases which she has successfully done. Also asked to speak to patients who have had surgery by this Dr. Most importantly trust your gut instincts after consulting with your surgeon.

Crooked nose.

Deviated or crooked noses are among the most challenging in rhinoplasty. You need to consult with someone who has regular experience in this field of rhinoplasty and is comfortable with internal as well as external nasal surgery. Ask to see before and after photos of other patients with similar problems and do pre op photo imaging to be sure you are also aiming for the aesthetic result you are looking for.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

S-shaped septum

A nose with an S-shape deformity would most likely require major septal work, as well as, rhinoplasty. If your doctor is not comfortable with this, you may want to find someone who is a facial plastic surgeon/ ear, nose and throat specialist (otolaryngologist).

Elliot M. Heller, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 93 reviews

Options for Bay Area rhinoplasty

I agree with my colleagues that you should consult with as many facial surgeons as you need to until you find one that makes you feel comfortable with the process and has photos or pre and post-operative results that you like. There are many great plastic surgeons in the Bay Area. I'm most familiar with Drs. Sam Most and Jill Hessler. They are both facial plastic surgeons with significant experience in the Palo Alto area and you would enjoy meeting either/ both.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 129 reviews

Need 2-3 consultations for Rhinoplasty

You might consider taking your son to 2-3 consultations with Rhinoplasty surgeons with good reputations.  Listen to what the surgeons say, look at their aesthetic judgment and then make your choice...regardless of whether they are, or are not, close to you in the Bay area.

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Crooked nose

Your son may have a septal deformity in addition to the external S shape.  Make sure your surgeon addresses this at the time of the rhinoplasty.  Good form as well as good function is the goal in rhinoplasty.  Donald R. Nunn MD Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 47 reviews

Crooked nose treatment.

Make sure you like the surgeon's aesthetic work as well if any thing is being done to the tip and or bridge since that may be a major consideration of who you choose. See 2-3 surgeon's and go with the one who has the best noses that YOU like.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

Bay area plastic surgeons

Ronald Gruber is very well known and was my mentor/teacher of rhinoplasty. He is in Oakland, and is a rhinoplasty specialist. There are also many other good board-certified plastic surgeons in the area. The more important issue is to make sure you are comfortable with the approach your surgeon offers, the examples of results he/she can show you, and the surgeon's qualifications.

Tim Sayed, MD, MBA, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.