How much mL of Juvederm do I need to get nice, full lips? Thank you for your answer! (photos)

I would like to enchance my lips because I believe it would make a huge difference in my appearance. The problem is I dont know how much lip filler is enough so I cant calculate the cost. Thank you for your answers!

The volume of lip fillers

The key with lip treatments is not to make a mess out of them.
There are plenty of people walking with terrible "sausage lips" that were created by poor injections.
The key to beautiful lips is to see an experienced doctor who knows the anatomy of beautiful lips. In some cases, only small volumes are needed in the right places and in other instances more volume can be used. The volume of the products used is only a small part of creating or restoring beatuful lips.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and the Lips

I would definitely start with one syringe of Juvederm by an experienced board certified dermatologist.  You can see the results immediately and then decide if you want more product injected. Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm

I prefer to start with one syringe of Juvederm for lip enhancement. It is always possible to add additional filler down the line. Injecting lips is a technique so I recommend to seek a very experienced injector to help you achieve a natural appearance.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

How much mL of Juvederm do I need

In most cases, less than a syringe of filler would be adequate to significantly enhance the lips. Often more than a syringe will yield an unnatural appearance. Syringes come in 1 mL sizes. For most of us, a  shapely moderate lip is more pleasant to look at then a very large obviously filled lip.

Lip enhancement

I would recommend to start conservatively and seek an experienced injector. You can always add additional filler later on.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip filler

I typically start off with one syringe to make sure the patient like the shape and results. If you are going for a fuller look, you can always get reinjected at the next visit.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Lip enhancement

Make an appointment with an experienced injector for consultation. He/she will be able to give you your best options and pricing.    I would recommend starting off conservatively you can always add more.    Good Luck!

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

How much filler is needed for lip enhancement?

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. It is best to under-correct and add more if needed. This avoids the results from looking too big or artificial. You can always add more. Make sure your injector is experienced and understands your goals. Good luck.

How much mL of Juvederm do I need to get nice, full lips? Thank you for your answer!

Hello Briggitteb,

When dealing with filler the important goal is the desired result, not a set volume.  Start with a single syringe.  You may need all of it, but maybe you don't.  If that syringe gets you what you want, then you are done.  If you feel you need more augmentation, you can go with more.  Some people like a "done" look and want greater augmentation.  If you are looking for a natural look, a single syringe would likely be sufficient.  

I would recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or oculoplastic surgeon.  This way you can go over your desired result and receive an appropriate treatment.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon