I have a dark spot on my right ankle; is it a mole? (Photo)

It isn't a typical mole like the ones I already have. It is darker than the rest. I don't have many moles on my body in general. It doesn't hurt me when I touch it. I tend to wear heavy shoes that can cause blisters but this spot is under one of them.

Dark spots

Thank you for your question. Not all brown spots are moles because there are other lesions that mimic moles but are entirely different growths. Unfortunately, I cannot determine through your photo if the lesion is a mole or hyperpigmentation from your shoes rubbing that area. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your lesion evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit you. Take care and good luck.