Are these hypertrophic or keloid scars? (Photos)

I have some little keloid scars on my chests and soulders. These scars on the photos are lower on the back and i think they are a little bigger than before. I really dont know what it is, im really worried. How should i treat them? Can glycolic acid make it better? Can they get flat without any treatments with time? Thanks for answer.

Doctor Answers 1

Keloid treatment on chest and back

They may have a combination of both hypertrophic and keloid scars. I would suggest a combination of IIT, lasers, and application of Plato's Scar Serum.


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.