Can I have a hair transplant if I have folliculitis in 50% of my head?

Folliculitis on scalp

You should not have a transplant if you are experiencing folliculitis. You need to see a dermatologist to seek treatment options before having any surgery.

Hot Springs National Park Dermatologic Surgeon

Folliculitis and hair transplant!

Of course not, as a Dermatologist I always pay atention when I am checking the scalp to look for any signs of inflamation or infection. Folliculitis is a form of that, you can use oral medication and a special shampoo to help with the maintenance and elimination of the problem. Keep in mind that when we are doing a hair trasplant we need to guaranty we are transplanting grafts with no signs of inflamation in order to be able to gowth the way we need to!!

Sara Salas, MD
Mexico Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is not a good idea to have surgery if you have an infection on your scalp. You need to see a doctor for an exam.

It is not a good idea to have surgery if you have an infection on your scalp.  You need to see a doctor for an exam.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Chronic folliculitis

This condition puts you at risk for an infection if you have a hair transplant. See a good doctor, get examined and then make decisions based upon what you learn

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon