Best doctor for ethnic rhinoplasty in the south? (Photos)

I want to preserve my ethnic heritage, while sizing down my nose so that it suits my face better. I like how my nose is slightly upturned, but the bulbous tip and the flared nostrils bother me. I think Rihanna's old nose closely represents mine and would like something similar done. Who are the best surgeons recommended for ethnic rhinoplasty? And what is the estimated cost? I live in the northern part of Florida but I'm willing to travel a little to maybe Atlanta or Miami?

Best doctor for ethnic rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing wide nostrils, narrowing the boldest tip, and narrowing the bridge line.  Look for a surgeon who has extensive experience with rhinoplasty for best results, since this procedure is one of the most difficult in all cosmetic surgery. 

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for your question. You can determine the best surgeons based upon their level of board certification, their years of experience, the number of ethnic rhinoplasties performed, their patient before and after photos and patient testimonials. Please keep in mind that your rapport with the facial plastic surgeon is also important. While Rihanna may have a great nose that has features similar to those you desire, her nose is obviously not the right nose for you. The most attractive nose is the one that fits with your face and its unique features.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic rhinoplasty

While I have experience in ethnic rhinoplasties like you show and describe, I am not near where you live.   You are smart to choose a plastic surgeon close enough for your surgery and the necessary post-op visits. The expected costs can vary considerably from city to city, but may be highest in Miami and Atlanta.  Pick a cityof a large enough size where you surgeon has done a number of ethnic rhinoplasties, but the cost of living and his/her overhead expenses are more modest.The goals that you describe are realistic possibilities. 

Alar base excisions to narrow the flare of you nostrils will be an important part of the surgery.  Work on the nasal tip is likely to require cartilage grafts of several parts to give projection and also stability to a narrower tip.  You may also need a small dorsal graft from the radix (root) of the nose to the tip , yet still can keep the cute turned up tip projection.

Good luck

John M. Weeter, MD

Rihanna's nose really represents yours and will actually make my explanation easier. Its really important that who ever do your Rhinoplasty, also augment the bridge and raddix, this is what actually makes your nose look that wide. In my opinion, you need a open structured Rhinoplasty, with temporal fascia/ septum cartilage graft to augment the bridge, nasal bone fracture to make it look less wider, tip and alar refinement. 

I will not display the average price for the surgery because you asked for US Doctors, and I respect your wishes.

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

There are many good surgeons in the Southeast who have experience with Rhinoplasty.  It is important to consider only those who can demonstrate both experience and an understanding of your individual concerns

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. As an artist I like using the reshaping technique when performing Rhinoplasties. Using advanced suturing techniques I can change the shape of the nasal cartilages giving you a thinner, more refined natural looking nose but still retaining your ethnicity. We do a lot of ethnic noses in my practice. I like to find out from the patient what they don't like about their nose and what their goals are. I then examine the nose and I write up a detailed operative plan. I incorporate the FINNESSE technique which I invented. Bleeding, bruising and postoperative pain is minimal when compared to traditional techniques and recovery is quicker. I don't routinely pack the nose it's not uncommon that some patients have no bruising after surgery. For more information please see the enclosed video and hope you find this information helpful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA