Have my breast bottomed out? (photos)

I had a second surgery done on August 18 after my BA due to bottoming out and I am not sure if it is happening again. Please help.

Speak to your plastic surgeon

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you should go see your plastic surgeon. Online consultants are not the appropriate source of information for you; your plastic surgeon should be your resource when it comes to postoperative concerns.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out

you are bottoming out, left worse than right.  the surgery to lift this up is called a capsulorapphy which involves suturing to tighten the pocket of the implant but in patients that are bottoming out, the likelihood is that you are forming a thinner capsule that cannot hold the weight of the implants so it may be necessary to do one or all of the following.  1.  change to a textured implant that tends to stay more still and encourage a more firm capsule 2.  change to smaller implants  3.  add a sling, such as alloderm of flex hd as an internal bra technique to hold up the implant.  Hope that helps.

Christopher Park, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Bottomed out breast implants

Thanks for your question.  Your left breast is slightly lower and may benefit from raising the position of the implant.  This is quite mild.  You could try a band or shoelace to keep the implant in a higher position to see if this could help raise the position of the implant.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Questions about bottoming out of an implant

You certainly look improved since after your revision surgery and I seen no evidence of bottoming out at this point. 

Bottoming out

The term "bottoming out" has been used in breast augmentation when the lower pole of the implant stretches and the nipple becomes relatively higher and higher on the breast mound.  The upper pole then becomes less full.  Often times this can occur when large sub glandular implants are used and the lower soft tissue then stretches out.  It can also occur when the implants are reportedly sub-muscular but, in fact, only the upper pole of the implant was covered by the pectoralis major muscle (dual plane approach) and then the muscle "window shades" and pull up over the implant and actually acts to push the implant down and out.  You do have a bottoming out look.  In my experience, this can be improved with the use of  capsulloraphy procedures and  it can be difficult to maintain the improvement with time  unless the implant size is also changed.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming Out

Sorry this has happened to you. Heavy smooth walled implants may place undo stretch on the bottom of the pocket where the capsule and skin stretch. Sometimes a smaller textured implant with added support of a substance that doesn't stretch such as Strattice may hold that implant against gravity better. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Bottom out

Sorry for you.
Large smooth round implants are a risk for recurrent stretching of lower breast skin.
In my opinion, the best way to prevent this again is with smaller textured implants.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Have my breast bottomed out? (photos)

Very hard to tell but comparing the before to now you still appear lees bottomed.....................