Did the removal of too much fat cause the crepiness and crease in my eye?
2 years ago
hi! 5 weeks post op. my crease in one eye is deeper set and a bit of crepey skin in a small area of the crease. was too much skin/ fat emoved? my ps says that he removed very little from this eye and will even out within 3 months.
Doctor Answers 2
Several Months Required for final eyelid result
It is true that it would be very hard to tell your final result just 5 weeks following eyelid surgery and that 3-6 months or more is required to see your final result
Uhappy with eyelid operation
- excess skin after a blepharoplasty is common.
- It may go away or need a tiny touch up - between 3 - 6 months from surgery.
- To assess the deeper crease, look at the before and after photos with your surgeon.
- Often, we notice differences after surgery that have always been there.
- If not, there are procedures that can be done to improve this.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.