Cream or Treatments for Raised White Scar?

I have a deep cut mark on my arm, the skin raised a little. It has turned white in colur now. Will this mark ever go? Is there any cream or scar removal treatment to make this mark permanently go away?

Doctor Answers 1

Scars: pigment loss is permanent

You have a mature elevated scar with permanent loss of pigment. It will tend to flatten with time. There is no way to repigment the scar. Intralesional steroid injections (dilute) or pulsed dye laser treatments will flatten the scar. Topical Retin A cream will cause some scar remodeling and improvement.

San Antonio Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.