What should I do about this crater on my left pec? (photos)

I am now 11 months post-op. I had a revision a few months ago where he stitched it up to where it would tighter on my chest and this is the result... I have been massaging every day.

Indentation Concern Following Male Breast Reduction Surgery

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process after gynecomastia surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible the indentations can be addressed with cosmetic filler(s) if eligible. 

Crater after gynecomastia surgery

If your final result is the top left image then you have a nice result. If you are still concerned about the result, you may need additional liposuction to remove the excess tissue. 

Michael Zarrabi, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the photos but a full examinaton and review of your operative note is really needed before making an intelligent recommendation. You may benefit from more liposuction but I really need to examine you -> so go back to your original surgeon and get his input. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

I accept will result from Male chest contouring

Thank you for your pictures. Your chest will only be tightened up by better and more extensive Liposuction. I approach these patients with liposuction first. There's always a chance from a secondary liposuction procedure or small amount of excision of excess tissue. 

good luck.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS