Lip injections don't last more than a month on me. What are some more permanent options?

I have gotten lip fillers done 3 times in 9 months and nothing seems to last more than a month. I have tried Juvaderm once and Juvaderm Plus twice on 2 separate occasions and both have only lasted about one months at most. My body seems to not be holding the fillers.. I have heard about fat injections or lip implants but I don't know much information about them. please help! my lips are deflating by the day..

Lip Augmentation and Longevity

I would definitely encourage you to stay away from permanent lip fillers.  I see too many problems with permanent lip fillers. Juvederm and Restylane give beautiful results that look natural and don't have the same permanent side effects.  Best, Dr. Green

Permanent Lip Injections

Thank you for your question, jlsullivan92. Fat injectables are more permanent fillers that leverage the patient's own fat cells in living tissue to provide a natural looking procedure that creates a natural looking result. This permanent treatment may require two to three treatments to achieve a permanent result as the body absorbs much of the injected fat.

Because you have experienced lip fillers that have not had a lasting effect, I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has plenty of experience performing lip fillers. You can determine a surgeon's experience by their background, education and number of lip procedures performed. You can evaluate their ability by sifting through patient testimonials and Before and After photos.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Injections

Thanks for your question. If you weren't happy with the dermal fillers, then fat grafting to the lips is a more permanent solution. An individual's own fat is used to add fullness to areas such as the cheeks and lips. This is a safe and effective procedure. Be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon.

German Newall, MD

Lip augmentation

I do not like the permanent synthetic lip implants.  I prefer to use fat or tissue harvesting during a facelift to augment the lips. Best of luck.  Fat may require repeated treatment as well.

Lip Augmentation with Fat Transfer

I appreciate your frustration! I have removed too many faulty lip implants over the years to recommend them. Your best option is fat transfer which is more permanent. It is done under local anesthesia and fat is usually taken from the lower abdomen or thighs. Studies show that at least 1/3 of transferred fat last forever. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD