Happy Save the Ta~Ta's Month! What is the Hydrafacial MD?

How is this facial different from others? Is it good for acne prone skin? Can the equipment be used go "backne"?

Hydrofacial made me break out along my jaw... Dermapen better.

I always tell my patients, if a facial feels good for you to relax, get it. If you are actually trying to improve your skin in the long term, do Dermapen instead. You know when you go on a trip and you get a facial, you glow that day, then go back to looking normal the day after. After Dermapen, you glow for a month and get long-lasting collagen production.
You can get Dermapen (or microneedling) with blood or spun down blood to isoloate the PRP (platelet rich plasma). This boosts the efficacy of microneedling by penetrating your own growth factors deep into your skin, again, causing more collagen production and lon-lasting benefits for your skin. I prefer PRP over blood because we have isolated the growth factor portion of the blood to use in the treatment.
You can expect improvement in fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and a long-lasting glow. Personally, I love this treatment and try to get it done every couple of months. You will be addicted too. Promise!

Hydra Facial MD and how it's different from facial

Hydra Facial MD procedure is a five-step medical office treatment performed by our aesthetician that addresses skin health by improving dryness, dehydration, dullness, brown spots, fine lines and redness.  Using suction like microdermabrasion with gentle exfoliation on the various tips, serums are infused for cleansing pores, increasing hydration with a glycolic acid peel.  In addition, the Hydra Facial has LED therapy lights in red and blue to minimize inflammation and break outs.  

At our office our aesthetician does manual extractions as well to clean the pores and blackheads thoroughly as well as gives patients neck and shoulder massage replicating a spa experience.  I recommend regular monthly appointments for best long term results as well as pre and post op surgically to improve the skin and enhance surgical results.  Hydra Facials are also great for holiday parties and events as there is no down time!

The classic facial as we know it is the "European" style facial or "Aromatherapy" facial which uses steam to release toxins in the skin and flush the pores by sweating the skin.  This prepares the skin for various masks, serums or infusions of products and helps with extraction technique.  Mostly facials are performed in the spa or a spa setting with very little downtime except temporary redness from manual extraction.

Where these treatments are similar is that most every patient is a good candidate.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Thanks for your query. Hydrafacialis a medical facial which works on the principle of vaccum .with the hepl of vaccum it aspirates the dust and dirt particles and blackheads and then infuse antioxidants and multivitamins in your skin thereby, hydrating your skin. It also have glycolic acid and salicylic acid peel which helps in reducing acne. Thus, it is useful for acne skin. Hope it helps
All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon