I have sagging skin on my belly it gets affected all the time. I need to know can Medicare help me get it taken care of?

Sagging skin on stomach

Hello there,Thank you for your question. Medicare will most likely not cover this procedure since it would be considered cosmetic. You do have a good reason to be covered under insurance, but it all depends on the doctor you choose and what their opinion on the matter is. I hope this helps. Good luck to you!James Fernau, MD, FACS
Aesthetic Surgery
CERTIFIED: American Board of Plastic Surgery
CERTIFIED: American Board of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
              American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
              International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
              American Academy of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
              American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery (AAOHNS)
              American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
              The Rhinoplasty Society Phone: 412-446-0391 Fax: 412-446-0391

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Medicare coverage

Medicare does not usually pay for a tummy tuck. It is considered a cosmetic procedure. Rarely the will pay for a panniculectomy, which just involves removing the hanging skin. You would need to find a plastic surgeon that accepts Medicare insurance and see if they feel that it would be a reasonable option to pursue.

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon