If I Cover my Breast with a Thick Towel 6 Weeks After Breast Surgery Can I Lay in the Tanning Bed?

Tanning post op

Keep the sun away from scars is your best bet. Scars behave differently in different people and can become too dark permanently (hyperpigmentation or dyschromia) if exposed to the sun. Better to spray tan if you want to hide it. Definitely use a strong SPF (>30) sunscreen on it even though it is hidden by your bathing suit as some sun goes through the fabric.

#tanningpostop
#scarmanagement

After Breast Surgery Can I Lay in the Tanning Bed?

Following surgery the incision site is sensitive and prone to burning.  If the incision site is completely covered this should not be a problem.  However, I suggest you address this question directly to your surgeon.  It is imperative to follow his or her post opertative instructions carefully.

Laying in a Tanning bed after Breast Augmentation.

Hello and thank you for your question.

This question is really best to be  discussed with your plastic surgeon. I personally try to counsel my patients of the dangers of tanning beds!

Good luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

No harm to to the breasts from tanning as long as the breasts are covered

As long as your breast is covered you should not have any problem in the tanning bed.  If you want to age gracefully stay away from the tanning bed.  UV light is the aging light.  

Protect incisions from ultraviolet light after breast reduction.

As long as your breast are covered I see no problem with a tanning bed specific to the operation. Nevertheless this is a question that should be addressed to your own surgeon.