Breast Fold Scar Appears to be Getting Higher? (Photos)

I got my BA done Sept 6 and it looks like my scar is getting higher. Do I look like I am bottoming out? I tried to book a follow up with my PS but when I went to my appointment it was just the office manager who booked me for a surprise consult for another procedure without my consent or any warning. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Breast Fold Scar Appears to be Getting Higher?

Your result looks very good and I do not see evidence of bottoming out.  If you do see the scar becoming more visible implants may be continuing to drop and wearing a support bra could help reduce the chance of bottoming out further.  Call the office in insist on seeing the surgeon for a follow-up visit.

Follow-up

Your breast implants look in good position. If you want to see your doctor then let the office know for your next appointment.

Concern about breast fold scar

Best advice is to insist on seeing your surgeon at your next visit to have your concerns addressed. From what you show here, I do not see evidence of bottoming out and the scars appear to be well hidden in the crease.

Gravity

Without being able to see the fold in your photographs, it's impossible to say whether the implant is migrating downward. Gravity, unfortunately, is unrelenting and the distance from the nipple to the infra-mammary crease, especially with a larger implants will stretch with time. A good support bra during the day and during physical activities may help slow this process down. As the scar raises away from the infra-mammary crease, this is usually a telltale sign of early bottoming out. I recommend you follow-up with your chosen plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Fold scar?

Thanks for posting your photos and bringing up these concerns. I see your scar is slightly elevated from the previous fold location. There's no evidence of bottoming out, but your breast implant appears to have continued to create more pocket below the old fold. This is called passive dissection and cannot be totally controlled. Gravity is a culprit along with large implants and weaker tissue. The best solution is to increase bra support. You should reach out to your plastic surgeon and be sure they address your concerns on this matter. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..  I have to say that you have really good results, your breasts looks very nice, besides that I don't see any abnormal about them..I cannot see any booming out results here.. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Scarring and Bottoming Out After Breast Augmentation

From the pictures your result looks very good. I don't see evidence that you are bottoming out and I don't see an issue w/ the scarring. It is very important that you address any issues with your plastic surgeon. Hopefully you were able to reschedule your appointment for a visit w/ your ps vs. the office manager. 

Breast Scars Rising

Thank you for your question. Your breast augmentation looks appropriate without signs of bottoming out. As your implants settle into place the scar does tend to rise up a little. This should still remain out of sight. Good luck with the rest of your recovery. 

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician