Does Belotero injected into scar at cheekbone create significant swelling for at least two weeks?

My doctor performed a canthopexy on both eyelids and at the same time, he injected a small amount of belotero under my eye at cheekbone, where a scar from previous injury was present. It has been one week since the surgery. I have bruising under both eyes, but the cheek that had the belotero injected is significantly larger than the other one. Is this swelling or can the belotero spread throughout my cheek instead of staying only at scar site?

Belotero and swelling

Fillers can cause facial swelling but this usually resolves in two weeks.  If there is still facial swelling I suggest you return to your physician for examination as you may need to have the product dissolved.  Best, Dr. Green

Fillers and Swelling

Fillers can cause swelling for weeks after injection.  I suggest speaking to your physician if you are concerned, it can be reversed with an enzyme called hyaluronidase.  Best, Dr. Emer.