I have a fatty lump down below. Is it important to get it removed?

Do I have to go and see a doctor about the fatty lump it went big at the start no going smaller had it for about 4 months just I don't like showing my bits to anyone is it important to get it removed or can I just leave it to it gose Digger again

Fatty lump down below

Fatty lumps are usually lipomas. The great majority of lipomas are benign growths of fat. People often think they grew suddenly but most often they have grown slowly and they have only become aware of them after they have grown.

If a definite diagnosis of lipoma has been made then usually they do not need to be removed unless there is doubt about he diagnosis, they are growing or painful.

In the UK the NHS will not normally remove lipomas because they are considered benign and harmless. Special funding usually has to be arranged for removal.

The main concern is that the diagnosis of lipoma is correct. Clearly if the lump is something else then it could be important for this to be diagnosed and treated. Other possibilities include tumours including cancers, hernias and enlarged glands (lymph nodes).

Soft painless lumps are usually readily diagnosed by a doctor although sometimes a scan may be suggested for confirmation.

If you have a recently developed or growing lump then you are best advised to get a medical opinion to confirm that it is just a fatty lump.

Chichester Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  Unfortunately without an in-person examination or full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite recommendations as a diagnosis needs to be made first, before a treatment can be offered.  I would recommend seeing your ob/gyn so that they can evaluate your lump.  Hope this helps.