Is thermi tight or thermi smooth better for lax skin in center front of neck?

I am 54 and 3 years ago lost 70 lbs. In the front center of my neck I have one thin band of loose skin. I asked my doctor who did surgery for my upper and lower eyes. He said he felt that my neck was significantly that bad for a neck lift. I have looked into another doctor who does more less evasive treatments like laser. I have seen great reviews on Thermi Tight but she is using ThermiSmooth. Are the results better for one over the other?

ThermiSmooth Vs. ThermiTight

Given the circumstances that you provided, it is likely you will see more satisfactory results from ThermiTight. It is a minimally invasive treatment and requires very little down time. But provides great results. Given that you are over 50 and have had a significant weight loss, skin laxity is probably a little more pronounced for you than say someone in their forties without the weight loss. It's always good advice to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon prior to any procedure to discuss all available options and to decide which one is best for you.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight versus ThermiSmooth

Both ThermiTight and ThermiSmooth are devices that use radiofrequency technology. The ThermiTight procedure is one that goes under the surface of the skin and heats the deeper tissues to stimulate collagen production and skin tightening. This is the device that is used for the neck. The ThermiSmooth is a handpiece that is used on the face and heats the deeper tissues up from the surface of the skin. This is frequently used around the eye and perioral region, though it can be used on the cheeks and brows also. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thermi or surgery?

Hi.  Please post some photos of your neck, so I can give you a more accurate assessment of whether Thermi would work for you, or whether you need traditional surgery.  Clearly, a neck lift is a more powerful procedure, but if the amount of laxity you have is mild, Thermi may be an option.

ThermiTight

Thank you for your question. Without seeing photos it is hard to determine which treatment you would benefit most from, it is also important that you have the correct expectations for these procedyres. ThermiTight is a great procedure to tighten the neck and jawline and will produce a more drastic result then ThermiSmooth. ThermiTight is a minimally invasive surgical procedure whereas ThermiSmooth is completely non-invasive. I recommend meeting with a qualified physician in your area for a full consultation. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

ThermiTight vs ThermiSmooth for a sagging neck in my NYC practice

There are multiple factors for the cause of what appears to be a sagging neck.  During the consultation I examine all my patients who are interested in neck tightening.  Some need fat removal for the submental fat pad, others need platysmal muscle tightening and others need skin tightening.  Many patients have two or three of these conditions and the treatment varies from patient to patient. 
Platysmal bands are only partially improved by Botox, Ultherapy, Pelleve, ThermiSmooth or ThermiTight.  There is research in other techniques to see if the bands can improve with internal radiofrequency such as in ThermiRase but again this is experimental. A surgical neck lift can significantly improve the loose "banding" but sometimes the surgery is less than optimal and the bands can recur at times.
Excess submental fat can be treated with liposuction, or ThermiTight, and skin tightening, can be improved with ThermiTight as a solitary treatment, or a series of ThermiSmooth treatments or Ultherapy or Thermage, although personally I have not been able to produce as good a result with Thermage as with ThermiSmooth, ThermiTight or Ultherapy.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Neck Tightening and Thermi Versus Other Treatment Like SmartLipo

What is most important is to determine if you are a good candidate for neck surgery or noninvasive treatment (ie no cutting).  This requires a consultation with a body contouring specialist.  It is not really the device that is used but the person performing the procedure.  I get amazing results with SmartLipo and traditional contouring along with botox for the neck band muscles.  See an expert for a full evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer. 

#ThermiTight and #ThermiSmooth for great necks

Surgery will usually give the best results but if you want  #non-invasive choices than a combination of the two will give the best results.  Maintenance can be with ThermiSmooth alone

Neck Lift vs ThermiTight vs ThermiSmooth

If you have significant loose skin you may need a neck lift for the best result. If less redundant skin is involved then minimally invasive technologies like ThermiTight and ThermiSmooth may be indicated. 

ThermiTight causes more skin contraction and is especially good at shrinking skin in the upper neck involving a RF heating probe passed beneath the skin.
ThermiSmooth is more for fine line skin refinement and is RF energy applied topically.

See the below links regarding how to know which procedure is best for you: