What Can I Use That is Not So Costly to Get Rid of These Bags Under my Eyes? (photo)

I am 19 years old and I never really paid close attention to my eyes until recently and have been wondering why my eyes were so puffy. I've tried to sleep more and tea bags but hasn't worked. Maybe I haven't done it long enough but I don't know. I am asking for help to fix this please.

Doctor Answers 5

What Can I Use That is Not So Costly to Get Rid of These Bags Under my Eyes?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

    You do not have bags in the conventional sense.  You have a prominent muscle, which will not be helped a great deal by filler or creams.  You have a youthful appearance.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bags under eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am not seeing any "bags" under your eyes in the photographs you have presented.  I would recommend using quality skin care products to help moisturize the skin and lower eyelids to improve their appearance but avoid any fillers or surgical offerings.

Best Regards,
Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not a bag. Nothing to get rid of.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The bag generally refers to herniated fat.  You do not have that.  What you have is a normal muscle roll in the lower eyelid and a small under eye circle.  A tiny bit of volume at the top of the cheek might be helpful.  However, you would do quite well to use an under eye cream to hydrate the lower eyelid skin and no actual treatment.  An under eye cream is a moisturizer that is just a little more emollient than a face moisturizer and will generally be 20% or more expensive than a face cream.  Please be careful what you ask for in life.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

What Can I Use That is Not So Costly to Get Rid of These Bags Under my Eyes? (photo)

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi and thanks for your question

The 'puffy eyes' that you describe does not need any thing done.

The area under is slightly hollow or atleast I get the impression that it is on the photo. Fillers such as Juvederm can help fill the area and make the puffy part loos less prominent. A good make up artist can give you tips on how to cover this up with the clever use of make up.

All the best

Make-up byVillar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You are beautiful the way you are. Surgery is not needed.  There are websites that will tell you tricks on the artful use of make-up to disguise minor flaws.  Google "make-up eyes" and start you journey.  Best wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD FACS

Luis Villar, MD, FACS
West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.