Could I do a second sculpture treatment in three weeks?

Would there be any side affects. How well would the treatment work. I can afford iit here but can't afford it at home

Second SculpSure Treatment

It's not advisable to treat the same are before the recommended 6 week period because the body and tissue cells are still in the process eliminating the damaged fat cells, especially in the case of post treatment swelling or associated symptoms. SculpSure works by engaging a controlled hypothermic 1060 nm wavelength to the body, targeting the fatty tissue. This wavelength is penetrated deep into the subcutaneous fat cells causing your body to eliminate the fat cells with minimal absorption in the dermis. The heated wavelength establishes a controlled hyperthermic temperature of 42°C and 47°C causing an injury to the adipose.Your body needs this elimination processing time to absorb and gradually remove these dead cells by the body’s inflammatory process. Over treating the area can cause potentials unforeseen complications so it's best to wait another 3 weeks before scheduling your second SculpSure treatment just to be on the safe side.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

See how you feel after those three weeks as........

Thanks for your question. The recommended wait time is 4-6 weeks. However, if you would like a follow-up and no residual swelling is present then it may be okay to proceed with another treatment. You should consult with a qualified physician for further information. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure Retreat Time

No. Three weeks is not a sufficient waiting time to retreat for SculpSure. I would recommend waiting a minimum of 6-8 weeks to retreat the same area for a second treatment, depending on your body’s response to the treatment.  If you are treating the area for the third time, you should wait 12 weeks.

Sculpsure second treatment

I recommend your second treatment be completed no earlier than 6 weeks later. This is the recommended amount of time to allow your body to heal from the treatment and also to see your results. The average result is a 24 % fat reduction after the first treatment. It would be best to know how much reduction you had in the first treatment before continuing. This will help guarantee you more standardized results.

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 Weeks is too soon

You should really wait a minimum of 6 weeks before treating the same area by SculpSure.  Anything less than that does not let the body recover and produce optimal results.
Dr. C

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. You should wait to do your second SculpSure treatment until at least 12 weeks after the first treatment, but a more exact timeframe can be provided by your doctor/surgeon who performed the procedure. SculpSure is the only FDA-approved non-invasive laser treatment to target and eliminate up to 25% of your subcutaneous fat in the belly and flanks. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

6 Week Interval

It is recommended that you wait at least 6 weeks in between your SculpSure treatments, when treating the same area. This gives your body time to heal, and eliminate the fat cells that have been disrupted.

Patricia DePoli, MD, FACS
Skokie Plastic Surgeon

Time interval between SculpSure treatments

It would be best to wait 6 weeks minimum between SculpSure treatments.  This gives your body a chance to heal and eliminate the disrupted fat cells from the previous SculpSure session.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure Treatment Succession

Yes there is no reason why you cannot. We have no reason to believe it affects long term outcome. We have done this sooner in patients and in those getting vanquish treatments at the same time.  Best, Dr. Emer.