Will my nose tip/nostrils drop down a bit after Rhinoplasty? (photos)

I had my cast taken off 3 days ago and thank god there has been some change already so far because the nose was taped upward and the nostrils were making a really weird shape. I really hope that its likely that my nose tip will drop a bit more over the next few days/weeks/months? Should I gently push down the sides of the tip of my nose to encourage the repair to go like that and counteract the taping? I asked for a lifted tip but I didn't expect to be able to see into the nostrils.

Tip changes rhinoplasty

It is too early to tell. There are 2 types of changes to be excpected in the postoperative period following a rhinoplasty. First set comes with resolution of edema (swelling) in the first few weeks to months and the second set with skin and soft tissue contraction and remodeling of the scar which might take between 1-2 years. I hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

The amount of tip refinement and definition will increase as the swelling resolves.  The tip rotation (how upturned it is) will also improve - as the swelling decreases the tip will drop a bit.  By about 3-6 months post-op enough swelling will have resolved for you to have a good idea of whether you will be happy or not.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD